The Breaking Dawn Premiere Sweepstakes has ended. Thank you for your participation!
“Breaking Dawn Premiere Sweepstakes”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. MANY WILL ENTER, FEW WILL WIN.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The “Breaking Dawn Premiere Sweepstakes” (the “Promotion”) commences at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on Jan 3, 2012, and ends at 11:59:59 PM EST on February 18, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). All “Entries” (as defined below) must be received between 12:00:01 AM EST on January 3, 2012, and 11:59:59 PM EST on February 18, 2012 (the “Entry Period”). All Entries submitted or received past the expiration of the Entry Period will not be accepted and will be destroyed. Receipt of Entries will not be confirmed. The Promotion consists of one (1) Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize”), up to three (3) First Prize (the “First Prize(s)”), and up to One Hundred (100) Second Prize (the “Second Prize(s)”). The Grand Prize, the First Prize(s), and the Second Prize(s) may be collectively referred to in these Official Rules as the “Prize(s).” By participating in the Promotion, each Entrant (as defined below) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of “Sponsor” (as defined below) which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to permanent legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia (excluding residents of Puerto Rico and US Territories and Possessions). Entrants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Officers, directors and employees of Summit Entertainment LLC, (“Summit”), Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. (“Walmart”), or Brandmovers, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective parents, members subsidiaries, divisions, and affiliates (all such individuals and entities collectively referred to herein as the “Promotion Entities”) and the immediate families (i.e., parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, stepparents, stepchildren and stepsiblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and members of the same household, whether or not related to any of the individuals in the preceding categories, are not eligible to enter the Promotion or win any Prize. Summit and Walmart shall be jointly referred to herein as “Sponsor.”
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Promotion via a standard web browser, entrant (“Entrant”) must visit www.walmart.com (the “Website”) at any time during the Entry Period and: (i) pre-order a DVD or Blu-rayTM of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1" (the "DVD"); (ii) receive an email from Walmart with a valid promotional code ("Code") and link to www.breakingdawnpremieresweeps.com (the "Website"); (iii) visit the Website and follow the on-screen instructions to enter by completing all required fields provided at the Promotion entry page on the Website; (iv) enter one (1) valid Code from the confirmation email from Walmart; and (iv) agree to the Official Rules. Upon completion and submission of the entry form, agreeing to the Official Rules and entering and submitting the Code, Entrant will receive one (1) entry (each, an “Entry” and collectively, the “Entries”) to the Promotion. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM EST on February 18, 2012 in order to be eligible.
A. Any attempt by any Entrant or any other person to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and logins or using any other methods will void that person’s Entries, and such person may be disqualified by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Automated means of entry and Entries by any means which subvert the entry process are prohibited, and all such Entries will be void.
B. There is a limit of one (1) Entry per person and per email address during the Entry Period. A random drawing will be held for each Prize.
C. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents will void all Entries by that Entrant. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion, including but not limited to the use of any device to automate the entry process, is prohibited and any Entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. In the event of a dispute over who submitted an Entry, the authorized subscriber of the email account used to participate in the Promotion at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the Entrant, and he/she must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, education, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry(ies) will be deemed ineligible. The Promotion Entities shall not be responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Promotion. The Promotion Entities assume no responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Entries.
D. FREE CODE REQUEST: To request a free Code via email, send an email during the Entry Period to firstname.lastname@example.org (“Code Request”). Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, illegible, or human error that may occur in the receipt or processing of such requests. Receipt of Code Requests will not be confirmed.
E. Participating DVDs are available on the Website during the Promotion Period. Not all packages of DVDs may be available in all markets. Codes must be obtained through actual retail purchase of DVDs through legitimate channels of purchase or through free Code Requests as described above. Codes may not be bartered, sold, or transferred.
A. GRAND PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in connection with the Grand Prize drawing portion of the Promotion. The Grand Prize winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected by random drawing to be held on or about February 19, 2012 (“Random Drawing Date”) from among all eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. The Grand Prize drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The Grand Prize includes one (1) trip for two (2) people to the Los Angeles premiere screening of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2" (the "Premiere") on or around November 2012, consisting of (i) two (2) consecutive nights hotel accommodations for two (2) people at a hotel in Los Angeles, CA selected by Sponsor; (ii) two (2) round-trip, coach-class airline tickets on an airline of Sponsor's choice to and from Los Angeles from the major U.S. gateway airport closest to Grand Prize Winner's residence; (iii) transportation for two (2) to and from Grand Prize Winner's hotel and the Premiere; and (iv) two (2) tickets to the Premiere.
Total ARV of Grand Prize: US $2,000.00
B. FIRST PRIZE: Up to three (3) First Prizes will be awarded in connection with the First Prize drawing portion of the Promotion. The First Prize winner (“First Prize Winner”) will be selected by random drawing to be held on or about the Random Drawing Date from among all eligible Entries received. The First Prize drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Each First Prize includes a trip for two (2) to Queensland, Australia consisting of (i) two (2) round-trip, coach-class airline tickets on an airline of Sponsor's choice to and from Brisbane, Australia and the major U.S. gateway airport closest to First Prize Winner's residence; (ii) two (2) coach-class airline tickets to and from Brisbane and one (1) or more Australian destinations included in the trip to be determined by Sponsor; (iii) seven (7) nights hotel accommodations for two (2) people at hotels selected by Sponsor; (iv) one (1) or more tour experiences at Australian points-of-interest as determined by Sponsor; and (v) ground transportation to and from all airports and hotels (ARV of each First Prize: US $10,000.00)
Total ARV of all First Prizes: US $30,000.00
C. SECOND PRIZE: Up to one hundred (100) Second Prizes will be awarded in connection with the Second Prize drawing portion of the Promotion. The Second Prize winner (“Second Prize Winner”) will be selected by random drawing to be held on or about the Random Drawing Date from among all eligible Entries received. The Second Prize drawing will be conducted by Sponsor or its designee, using randomization methods selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Each Second Prize includes a collectible prop replica set of Bella’s Charm Bracelet. (ARV of each Second Prize: US$30.00).
Total ARV of all Second Prizes: US$3,000.00
TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES TO BE WON: US$35,000.00.
D. ODDS: Odds of winning a Prize are based on number of Entrants into the Promotion. Winners are chosen in a random selection on the Random Drawing Date.
E. TRAVEL DETAILS: Grand Prize Winner and all First Prize Winners (“Travel Winners”) are responsible for transportation to and from the major U.S. airport gateway and his/her residence, including, but not limited to, any costs associated therewith. All travel arrangements must be made by Sponsor’s agent or designee. Travel Winners must arrange travel with Sponsor’s agent at least forty-five (45) days in advance, and Travel Winners and each of their travel companions must travel together on the same itinerary. Exact travel times and arrangements are subject to availability, blackout periods, and other travel restrictions. Travel companions must be over the age of eighteen (18) as of the date of travel. All other expenses not specifically identified above are the Travel Winners’ responsibility (e.g., meals, incidentals, tips, telephone calls or any other personal expenses incurred during the trip). Each Travel Winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and must possess all required travel documents, including visas and valid passports, if and as applicable, and comply with any applicable hotel/house check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. All aspects of the travel portions of the Grand Prize and First Prize must be conducted on such dates as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. The ARV for the Grand Prize and the First Prizes may vary depending upon points of departure and destination and fare fluctuations and is an estimate made before the Promotion begins. The Travel Winners will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round-trip air transportation element for any travel prize begins and ends at the point of departure. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Room taxes and other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest. A deposit or payment in advance, or presentation of a credit card by the Travel Winner may be required at the time of check-in at the hotel/house. Any hotel/house cancellations or changes to hotel/house reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Travel Winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive, and the Grand Prize and First Prize described above may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the “Prize Claim Documents” (as defined below) and/or other travel documents. In the event a Travel Winner and/or his or her travel companion engage(s) in behavior that, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, is obnoxious, threatening, or illegal or is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and to send the Travel Winner and/or his or her travel companion home with no further compensation. All Grand Prize travel must be completed by November 30, 2012, and First Prize travel must be completed by March 4, 2013.
F. FORCE MAJEURE: Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible if the Grand Prize and First Prizes, or any part thereof, cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions, or any other issue beyond their control (e.g., airline decisions, acts of God, weather, government action, equipment failure, terrorist acts, earthquake, war, fire, flood, explosion, etc.).
G. PRIZE DISCLAIMERS. All Prizes under this Promotion are awarded "AS IS." Neither Sponsor nor Administrator makes or offers any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied (including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose) in connection with this Promotion or any Prize. Prize details and availability are subject to change, in which case a prize of equal value may be substituted at Sponsor's sole discretion. Prizes consist only of the items listed, and are non-transferable with no cash redemption, substitution, or extension, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. All income taxes (including, without limitation, federal, state, and local income taxes) on or connected with any Prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are solely the responsibility of the respective winners. If required by law, Sponsor reserves the right to withhold and remit to the appropriate taxing authorities the amount of any taxes due. Each winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 or other appropriate and applicable tax documentation for the tax year in which the Prize is awarded. The prize packages associated with the Grand Prize and First Prize do not include any amounts that the winner can use to help offset taxes, and before accepting a Prize, each potential winner is advised to consult with his or her tax advisor regarding the tax treatment of any Prize. Any other costs, fees, or expenses not listed above are the sole responsibility of each winner. Prizes will be awarded only if the/each potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. All portions of the Prize(s) are non-assignable and non-transferable. Prizes pictured in point-of-sale, online, television and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other Promotion materials are for illustrative purposes only. All details and other restrictions of the Prize(s) not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
H. NOTIFICATION. The potential Grand Prize Winner, First Prize Winners, and Second Prize Winners will be notified within seven (7) business days of the Random Drawing Date via phone, e-mail, or certified mail using the contact information provided at the time of entry. To claim a Prize, Sponsor may require winners to complete, sign, and return Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and, where imposing such condition is legal, a Publicity Release form and any applicable forms required by tax authorities and/or prize suppliers (collectively, the “Prize Claim Documents”), and other applicable documents, which may require a social security number, postmarked within seven (7) days of the date on the notification. If any winner is under the age of majority in his/her state of residence (a “minor”), the Prize may be awarded to the minor's parent or legal guardian and the parent or legal guardian will be required to complete, sign, and return the Prize Claim Documents within the same time period. At Sponsor’s discretion, winners may be required to produce picture or some other form of proper identification to claim any Prize. If a potential winner declines or turns down a Prize for any reason, cannot be contacted, fails to timely claim the Prize, is disqualified, fails to timely execute and return the Prize Claim Documents, or if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, an alternate winner may be selected from other potential winners and/or by random draw from all remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor may attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners under such circumstances, and if the Prize remains unclaimed after such attempts have been made, the applicable Prize may go unawarded.
6. GENERAL LIABILITY RELEASE/FORCE MAJEURE: Entrants (and, if applicable, any minor entrant’s parent or legal guardian) agree that Sponsor and Administrator (A) shall not be responsible or liable for, and are hereby released from, any and all costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion or any Promotion-related activity, or from entrants’ acceptance, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, and (B) have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any Prize, including, without limitation, to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor and Administrator assume no responsibility for any damage to an Entrant’s, or any other person's, computer system which is occasioned by accessing the Website or otherwise participating in the Promotion, or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for incomplete, illegible, misdirected, misprinted, late, lost, damaged, stolen, or postage-due submissions or prize notifications; or for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, websites, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or the Website, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated entries will be accepted. If a dispute as to the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected Entry will be deemed ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Promotion if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Promotion as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible Entries are received and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Promotion as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. These Official Rules cannot be modified or amended in any way except in a written document issued in accordance with the law by a duly authorized representative of Sponsor. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
7. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROMOTION SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE INTERNAL LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHIN THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OF CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S LAWS.
8. ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Promotion, each Entrant agrees that any and all disputes the Entrant may have with, or claims Entrant may have against, the Promotion Entities relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Promotion, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any Prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the “Forum”) and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the participant and Sponsor. The arbitrator’s decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable Entrant may have entered into in connection with the Promotion. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the Entrant’s and/or Sponsor’s individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the Entrant or Sponsor. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this Arbitration Provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this Arbitration Provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
9. REQUEST FOR NAMES OF PRIZE WINNERS AND OFFICIAL RULES: For any legally required winner’s list and/or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Breaking Dawn Premiere Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 94079, Atlanta, GA 30377 USA. Any winner’s list request that is received will be sent out after February 20, 2012. Please note on the front left- hand corner of your outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the name of the “Prize Winners.” Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
10. SPONSOR: Summit Entertainment, LLC: 1630 Stewart Street, Suite 120, Santa Monica California, 90404.
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 702 S.W. 8th Street, Bentonville, AR 72716
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open to legal residents of 50 U.S. (and D.C.), who are 18 or older at time of entry. Sweepstakes begins on or about 1/3/12 at 12:00:01 a.m. EST and ends 2/18/12 at 11:59:59 p.m. EST. See full Official Rules at www.breakingdawnpremieresweeps.com for additional eligibility restrictions, odds, prize descriptions/restrictions, how to play without making a purchase and complete details. Sponsor: Summit Entertainment, LLC. 1630 Stewart Street, Suite 120, Santa Monica, CA 90404, and Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., 702 S.W. 8th Street, Bentonville, AR 72716.